Landing rate positive in red color

3 months ago
Hello,

After two flights with differents aircrats, I see in flight analysis a landing rate positive in red color : 
https://skyteamvirtual.org/flights/69274

What does that mean ?

Should I change anything in my landings ?

Thank you for answer.
Best Regards
Philippe TRAN
3 months ago
I am no expert here but I belive that this is due to the fact that the VAS Acars app records the landing rate from what is reported by FSUIPC. The problem with FSUIPC is that it does not record the actual landing rate, ifnot the vertical speed of the aircraft when the wheels touch the ground. This can cause that under certain circumstances it records a positive landing rate. It is no issue in terms of your flight scoring and I believe that no flight will be rejected just because you had a positive landing rate. Sadly, I don’t think there is anything you can change in order to prevent it, so for the mean time just keep on flying:) Maybe some day in the future there will be a more accurate way to gauge landing rates.
3 months ago
Hello Pablo,

Thank you for your answer. I use XUIPC because I’m flying on XP11 but I think it’s the same thing. The vertical speed is provide by XUIPC and in the plugin “Landing Rate Monitor” I have the same, a positive vertical speed with same value.
So you’re right, this issue is generated by XUIPC and not VAS ACARS.

Best Regards
Ilya Khokhlov
Elite Member
2 months ago
Hi Philippe,

Red color of "Lending rate" means more than 400 ft/min or more (as I remember) on "Flight Analysis" page. 

But, following to your link I see that "Pitch up" of your flight is exceeded more than +20 degrees, so it's colored on red color and as result- minus 
0/70 of score.

Regards,

Ilya
2 months ago
Hello Ilya,

The pitch is correct and less then 20 degrees when I landing. However, I think is mark as red maybe because the aircraft bounced on runway ?
I had 100% of score for landing when is mark as red.

Regards
2 months ago
Hi Philippe, 

The positive landingrate can come from two different things. 
The first one is that somewhere in the scenery there is a large bump, which makes FSUIPC think that you ‘landed’ again. (Had this on UUEE while taxiing from 24R, ended up with a landing rate of +1064FPM https://skyteamvirtual.org/flights/26971)

Or perhaps a bumpy landing. (speculation from my part). 

Rgds, 

Florian
Ilya Khokhlov
Elite Member
2 months ago
Today I’ve got this – 0 

But “ 0 “ is RED color! ;-)))))
2 months ago
Hi Ilya,
I have also received the same on a couple of flights and according to the prep man at my previous VA, this happens when you slightly “wheelbarrow” the aircraft  on landing with the front wheel touching first…...I hope this explains the issue!
I also heard this theory from other pilots.
Cheers
Rod
Ilya Khokhlov
Elite Member
2 months ago
Yee, I see it's happening when I land manually and trying to do it as soft as possible.
Thnks for your info, Rod.
Regards,
Ilya
2 months ago
My pleasure Ilya!!
Cheers
2 months ago
Thank you for your feedback. 
I’ll check my future landings :)

This topic is closed for replies.